Pricing is by Square Metre
Please order the number of square metres you require.
- Rosemount Turf will contact you after the purchase to confirm the order and to set a date of attainment for your turf.
- Turf can be either delivered (for a fee) or collected from the farm.
Empire Zoysia (SS_500-PBR), is a new and distinct variety of “Zoysia Japonica” discovered in Brazil. Empire thrives in harsh tropical climates and yet exhibits excellent cold hardiness. Empire has an eye catching dark green colour. It has a soft touch feel with fine tight blade growth. Empire requires less water, maintenance and mowing than other grasses (i.e. couches and buffalo’s etc).
Empire tolerates extreme wear, has low thatch and shows less scalping after mowing. Empire performs well in shade and has a finer leaf blade than buffalo grasses. Empire has easy weed control, as Empire out competes weeds and is tolerant to most common lawn herbicides. (i.e. you can chemically control weeds with products similiar to weed and feed etc.)
- Eye catching Dark Green colour
- Excellent colour retention when compared to couches
- Great Autumn/Winter colour in Australia
- Luxurious soft-to-the-touch feel
- Wide, soft, more open in appearance that most other Zoysias
- Has a small leaf blade(5-7 mm wide)
- Classed as a ‘no-mow’ grass in the industry due to the little amount of mowing required
- Recommended mowing frequency is once per 14 -21 days in summer and once per 4-6 weeks in winter.
- Mowing height should be 30-50mm high
- Shows very minor signs of scalping after mowing
- Requires less fertilizing as it has excellent colour retention.
- Due to its deeper root system, it is able to draw up nutrients well below what other grass types can reach in the ground, hence requiring less fertilizer.
- Tolerant to salt environments thrives near coastlines)
- Only apply organic slow release products (high in nitrogen and iron)
- Fertilize very lightly often for best results (1.0 kg per 100m2 every 12 weeks)
Shade & Temperature Tolerances
- Shade Rating = 4 out of 5 (i.e.4/5)
- Requires a minimum of 4-5 hours of direct sunlight each day
- Thrives in hot humid coastal conditions and varying cold temperatures
- In areas of shade Empire must be laid on free draining soils
- Drought Rating = 4 out of 5 (i.e 4/5)
- Extremely Drought Tolerant
- Drought tolerant due to deep massive root system (over 100mm deep)
- Infrequent watering promotes healthy turf
- Wear Rating = 4.75 out of 5 (i.e. 4.75/5)
- Very high to excellent Wear Tolerance
- Recovers extremely rapidly from damage or stress